These are fantastic gluten-free cupcakes!!
- 3 oz (about 1/4 cup) chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 1/2 cups flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups of cassava flour
- 1 TB + 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup ghee, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cupcake tin or pull out your silicone cupcake molds.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, 1 cup of milk, vanilla, maple syrup,and flax seeds in you vitamix. Blend until completely homogenous.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add butter and remaining 1/3 cup of milk to the dry ingredients and beat on medium (level 4 of a stand mixer) for about a minute, until mixture looks glossy. Stop beating and scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Add the egg mixture to the batter in 2 additions, beating 30 seconds on medium after each addition. Be sure to scrape the batter with a spatula in between each addition.
- Pour half of the batter in a clean bowl.
- Fold the melted chocolate into one of the batters. You now have two batters: vanilla and chocolate.
- Fill cupcake tins or silicone molds with the two batters.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Turn cupcakes out onto a cooling rack.
- Wait until they reach room temperature before icing.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
Frost with Coconut Cacao Peanut Butter Frosting.