I love almond milk!
- 3 cups of water
- 3 TB almond butter (make sure almonds are the only ingredient)
- a pinch of sea salt
- optional: 1/8 tsp vanilla
- optional sweetened version: add 1-2 TB of maple syrup or manuka honey
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
- Add water and almond butter to a Vitamix (or another high powered blender of your choice). Blend on high until frothy.
- Pour the almond milk through a nut bag or fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl.
- If making your almond milk unsweetened: pour into a mason jar and add the salt and optional vanilla. Screw on the top to the jar and shake to combine. If sweetening milk: pour the almond milk back into the blender after step 2. Add the sweetener, sea salt and vanilla and blend together. Pour into a clean mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Shake before use.