- 1 1/2 oz (about 2 TB) chocolate- click for my chocolate recipe
- 2 TB butter
- 1 1/2 TB maple syrup
- Melt all ingredients together over a double boiler.
- Remove from double boiler and whisk until frosting becomes thick and glossy.
- Wait 10 minutes, then place frosting in the freezer for 8 minutes (stirring halfway) and frost cupcakes or cakes.
- To frost: Scoop frosting over baked good and smooth down with the back of a knife or with an offset spatula. Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes. Take out and smooth frosting with a spoon or your finger.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible
**Because I have replaced sugar with maple syrup, you cannot pipe this frosting. I use a small portion scoop, or you could use a spoon, to scoop over baked goods.