- 4 TB maple syrup
- 4 TB almond butter (or peanut butter or cashew butter)
- 2 TB grass fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 oz (about 2 TB + 2 tsp) chocolate (click for my recipe)
- 3 scoops of collagen
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Melt over a double boiler. Stir initially to moisten the collagen with the maple syrup.
- Once the chocolate and fat start to melt, stir again. When the chocolate and fat are almost completely melted, start whisking over the double boiler until the frosting thickens.
- Remove from the heat and whisk a few times.
- Use to ice cupcakes, cakes, muffins, sundaes etc. immediately or store in an airtight glass container in the freezer.
- To thaw frozen frosting: bring a couple of inches of water to a boil in a saucepan. Turn the heat off and add the glass jar or container to the water to heat the frosting.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
*Note: because of the collagen, this frosting hardens very quickly. You have to use it while its warm and quickly. Because of this, you cannot pipe this frosting. I use a portion scoop to scoop the frosting over my baked good (or ice-cream). The frosting will run over and trip down the baked good and then harden.