- 3 TB oil and/or butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 small red onion (or half a large one), medium dice
- 3 carrots, medium dice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes (28 oz can= about 3 cups)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 TB oil or butter (or cream or cashew butter)
- Toast the rosemary over low heat in the fat. Cook 3 minutes per side until wilted and fragrant. Discard rosemary.
- Add onions and carrots to the oil with a nice pinch of salt and cook over medium low heat for about 7 minutes, to soften the veggies. Add the garlic and stir.
- Add a can of tomatoes, apple cider vinegar and two large pinches of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 1 hour. Puree in a blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped parsley leaves and extra 1 TB of fat.
- Sauce is ready to enjoy! Can refrigerate for a week or freeze for a couple months. Freeze in mason jars or freeze in silicone molds. Unmold and store in mason jars in the freezer for easy access to small servings of sauce!
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
Tomato Sauce= Basic Culinary Skill Level- click to read about how I rate the difficulty of my recipes
One thought on “Tomato Sauce”