Yields about 20 pancakes (3 pancakes is a good serving size):
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) buckwheat flour (buckwheat groats ground into a flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (115 g) yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 TB extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or grass fed butter, for cooking pancakes
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in the bowl to beat to stiff peaks.
- Combine the egg yolks with the yogurt, milk, vanilla and 1 TB of fat in another bowl.
- Whip the whites to stiff peaks.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the whites.
- Cook over medium heat until each side is golden and filled with little holes. Flip and cook about 1 min.
- Pancakes store well in the freezer and can reheat in a toaster or 350 degree oven until warm. Pancakes go well with maple syrup and fruit!
*please use organic ingredients, if possible