- 3 cups of water
- 3 TB cashew butter
- pinch of sea salt
- optional: vanilla
- optional for sweetened milk: 1-2 TB honey or maple syrup
*please use organic ingredients, if possible
- Add water and cashew butter to a Vitamix (or another high powered blender of your choice). Blend on high until frothy.
- Pour the milk through a nut bag or fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl.
- If making your almond milk unsweetened: pour into a mason jar and add the salt and optional vanilla. Screw on the top to the jar and shake to combine. If sweetening milk: pour the cashew milk back into the blender after step 2. Add the sweetener, sea salt and vanilla and blend together. Pour into a clean mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Shake before use.