Coconut milk is wonderful with granola, in coffee and when used in baking and cooking.
- 3 cups water
- 2 TB coconut butter (or manna); I love CAP brand
- 1/4 cup dried coconut
- (optional for sweetened coconut milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 2 TB raw honey)
- large pinch of sea salt
- Blend water, coconut butter and dried coconut in your Vitamix (or high power blender of your choice) on high until well combined.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag into a bowl.
- Rinse out the blender well.
- Pour the strained coconut milk back into the blender with the sea salt (and optional vanilla and honey, if using). Blend on high for 20 seconds.
- Store coconut milk in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.