Oat milk is the latest “in” non-dairy milk, so I whipped up a clean LooKitchen approved version to give it a try. I must say, I like it a lot and place in in my favorite top three non-dairy milks: pumpkin seed milk, almond milk and oat milk.
Oat milk also froths the best of all the non-dairy milks (that I know of).
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp- 2 TB raw honey (or omit if you want it unsweetened)
- a large pinch of pink salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Blend water and oats in a Vitamix (or high powered blender of your choice) on high until frothy. Strain through a nut bag or a sieve.
- Rinse out the blender. Pour the milk back and blend on high with the remaining ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.