This is my favorite plant-based milk!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups of water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- optional sweetened version: add 1-2 TB of manuka honey or maple syrup
- Add water and pumpkin seeds to a Vitamix (or another high power blender of you choice). Blend until frothy.
- Pour the milk through a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl.
- If sweetening: pour the pumpkin seed milk back into the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined and frothy. If making unsweetened milk: pour the milk into a mason jar and add the sea salt and vanilla. Screw on the top to the jar and shake to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days. Shake before use.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible. Be wary of processed honey. Make sure to buy raw honey.
This recipe requires basic culinary skills- click to read about how I rate the difficulty of my recipes.