This mocha is a real treat! It is wonderful to serve at brunches or to make on the weekend for an indulgent cup of coffee.
- 1 date
- 1 TB maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 cup milk (use any milk of your choice, almond, pumpkin seed and oat are my favorites)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- optional adaptogens: a pinch of mushroom powder and or 1 tsp of tocos
- 1 cup of frozen coffee cubes or 1/2 cup of strong coffee and 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Make at least 1 1/2 cups of coffee and pour it into silicone ice cube molds. Freeze for at least 4 hours. If you don’t have time to freeze coffee, you can use 1/2 cup of strong coffee plus 1/2 cup of ice.
- Add the date, maple syrup, milk, salt and vanilla (and optional add-ins) to your Vitamix (or another high powered blender of your choice). Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerated overnight.
- Add frozen coffee (or coffee) and ice cubes and blend on high until combined and frothy on top. There should be tiny chunks of ice that will melt as you drink. If you over blend it, you can serve it over ice. Enjoy!
*please use organic ingredients if possible.