The balls are very similar to my flax and pumpkin seed balls, they just highlight different seeds. Both are fantastic snacks or desserts that satisfy a chocolate craving without being too indulgent.
Makes 15 balls:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame seed butter (tahini)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or grass-fed ghee
- 2 TB cacao powder
- (optional 1/4 tsp mushroom powder, I used lions mane in the batch pictured below)
- a large pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Blend oats and sunflower seeds into a chunky flour using a Vitamix (or another high-powered blender of your choice). Pour the chunky flour into a bowl.
- Blend tahini, coconut oil or ghee, cacao powder, optional mushroom powder, sea salt, honey or maple syrup and vanilla in the same blender bowl (without washing it in between).
- Remove the cacao mixture into the bowl containing the chunky flour. Stir it together and form the dough into balls using a spoon or portion scoop.
- Freeze the balls on a parchment lined plate or cutting board for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove balls to a storage container and store in the refrigerator.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
To make this recipe vegan dairy free, make sure to use coconut oil instead of ghee.
Below pictures are after freezing the balls for 30 minutes: