These balls make a great little snack or dessert that satisfies a chocolate craving without being too indulgent. They are full of healthy fats and seeds and taste yummy!
Makes 16 balls (each ball has about one teaspoon of honey in it):
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or grass-fed ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut manna (butter), almond butter or grass-fed ghee
- 1/3 cup raw honey, I suggest a light honey (like wildflower) or maple syrup
- 2 TB cacao powder
- very large pinch of (pink) sea salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup oats
- Blend flax seeds and pumpkin seeds into a powder using your Vitamix (or another high powered blender of your choice). Remove seed powder into a mixing bowl.
- Without washing the blender, add coconut oil or ghee, coconut manna or almond butter or ghee, honey or maple syrup, cacao powder, salt and vanilla. Blend on high until well combined.
- Remove honey cacao mixture into the bowl with the flax and pumpkin seeds and stir to combine. Stir in the pumpkin seeds and oats.
- Form the dough into balls using a spoon or portion scoop and place onto a parchment lined plate or cutting board. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove balls from parchment and place into storage container. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
**make sure to use raw honey. CAP Beauty is my absolute favorite coconut butter or manna brand!
To make this recipe vegan and dairy free, use coconut butter or almond butter instead of ghee.
The green ingredient is matcha coconut manna (or butter). CAP brand coconut manna is the absolute best and they have matcha and berry coconut manna (along with plain). All would work well in this recipe. While I would usually use plain coconut manna here, I really enjoyed the matcha version. Matcha is a green tea very high in antioxidants. This was a fun way to sneak some matcha into our day!