Makes 4 servings:
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup veggies of choice
- 1 cup of cooked beans (chickpeas and black beans are my favorite)
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water or veggie stock
- 1/2 cup of vegetable sauce (tomato and vegan pesto are my favorites)
- 2 large handfuls of greens
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
- Heat 2 TB of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers. Add veggies of your choice and a pinch of sea salt and cook (how long depends on which veggies you choose) until veggies start to brown and are crisp. Add 1 more TB of extra virgin olive oil and beans. Cook until the beans are browned.
- Add 1 TB of oil to the pan and stir in your quinoa. Add sauce and water or stock and bring up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Partially cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and cover the quinoa dish. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir.
- Season greens with sea salt and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the greens to the quinoa mixture and toss to combine. Season with sea salt, if needed and remove to bowls.
- Top grain bowls with nuts or seeds and half an avocado seasoned with lemon juice and sea salt. Enjoy!