This cranberry jam is delicious and tart. And it’s a beautiful and vibrant red color!
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 5 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 2 1/4 cups of maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
- Grind chia seeds into a powder using a high powered blender.
- Add cranberries, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and lemon juice and zest to the blender containing the chia seed powder. Blend on high until the ingredients are well combined and the jam is thick. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with maple syrup, if you desire it sweeter.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer.