Serving size is 1/4-1/3 cup:
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 TB fat (coconut oil, grass fed butter or extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 TB raw honey or manuka honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (freeze-dried raspberries or blueberries, or shredded coconut are my go-tos)
- Allow oven to reach 325 degrees.
- Grind flax and hemp seeds together into a powder using a food processor or Vitamix (or another high power blender of your choice).
- Add almonds and pumpkin seeds to the food processor or blender and chop until small pieces of almonds still remain. Pour the nut and seed mixture into a bowl and stir in salt.
- If using a solidified fat, like coconut oil or butter, heat the fat over very low heat until melted. Pour fat, honey and vanilla over the nuts and seeds and stir to combine.
- Pour ingredients into a cast iron skillet and bake, stirring halfway through cooking. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Allow the granola to come to room temperature in the skillet.
- Enjoy granola with milk or yogurt!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat!
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.