Here’s the rundown on how I clean my home!
- Dr.Bronners Castile soap, unscented, lavender or hemp
- Dr.Bronners sal suds
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Lemon essential oil
- On Guard essential oil mixture Do Terra
- On guard laundry DoTerra
- Coconut oil or olive oil
Spray bottles (Add to a 16 oz glass spray bottle):
- All Purpose cleaner- 2 TB Castile soap and water
- Glass cleaner- 1 part alcohol 4 part water (opt add 10 drops lemon essential oil)
- Stove cleaner – 2 TB sal suds and water
- Stainless steel cleaner- vinegar (opt add 10 drops lemon essential oil)
- Toilet bowl cleaner- 2 TB sal suds, 15 drops On Guard essential oil and water
- Anti mold and bacteria- 15-20 drops On Guard essential oil and water
- Lemon fresh spray- 15 drops lemon essential oil and water
- Scouring paste- a baking soda and water mixture for tough messes
- On guard laundry detergent to clean the washer. Once a week I run a small capful on a hot cycle and open the door and soap compartment after the cycle to air dry.
- Anti mold and bacteria spray: weekly I spray this on the showers, sinks, bathtubs and washing machines. I let it air dry. Then I do a hot water rinse.
- Lemon spray is great to spray in the kitchen sink after doing the dishes, the bathroom sinks, on the faucets.
- 3 drops lemon essential oil in 1 cup of water. Soak a cotton towel on the mixture, wring out and use to clean leather.
- 3 drops lemon easential oil in 1/4 cup of olive oil or coconut oil. Soak a cotton towel in the mixture and use to restore leather.
- Add 3 drops lemon essential oil to 1 TB olive oil or coconut oil and add to soapy water to mop hard wood floors.
- Add 5 TB Castile soap to a 1 gallon bucket of hot water for general cleaning and mopping.
- Add 5 TB Castile soap, baking soda and white vinegar to a 1 gallon bucket of hot water to wipe down white walls.
- Use 1-2 TB sal suds for a load of laundry. Add 2 TB baking soda and 2 TB white vinegar for whites.
- Use Castile soap to wash dishes.
- Add 3-4 drops of various essential oils to a diffuser to clean and freshen the air (lemon, air x and on guard are my favorites)
- Use dyson or air doctor to clean the air in each room. I vacuum the air purifiers every 3 months and change the filters every 6 months.
- Use a Miele vacuum to clean the floor, the fabric furniture, drapes and curtains. They have Heppa filters and work really well.