This is one of my favorite versions of my granola ever!
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups almonds, lightly chopped
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup + 1 TB honey (I used Savannah Bee Company‘s Tupelo Reserve)
Zest of 1/2 a small orange
Juice of 1 small orange
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup freeze dried blueberries
- Turn oven to 325.
- Combine oats and salt in a large cast iron pan or any large baking dish (a glass 9×13 will work). Toast oats and salt in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the oats are toasting, combine the extra virgin olive oil and honey in a small pan over very low heat. Once hot and melted, stir together. Turn the heat off and add the orange juice and zest, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Remove the oats from the oven. Add the almonds and pumpkin seeds to the oats, pour the hot fat mixture over the oats and stir well to combine. Make sure to stir enough so that all the oats and nuts get covered in the hot fat mixture. Place the dish back in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir the granola around in the pan using a wooden spoon or a spatula. Stir in blueberries. Stir every 10 minutes until the granola reaches room temperature.
- Store in mason jars (or any air tight container of choice) in the refrigerator or freezer.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.