This is a fantastic and healthy vegetarian (and vegan) meal!
Makes 4 Servings:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium- large heirloom tomatoes (about 8 cups, chopped into large chunks)
- 1/3 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 pieces of basil
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tsp salt
- apple cider vinegar
- black pepper, to taste
- Add the ingredients, in the order listed to your Vitamix (or another high power blender of your choice). Blend on medium until the ingredients come together and then turn on high until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or for a few days). This soup is great garnished with a few salted pieces of avocado.
- Enjoy! This soup freezes well.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.