Everyone loves bacon wrapped and cheese stuffed dates: they are sweet and salty and crunchy. Yum!
These are great served as an appetizer. They are also fantastic chopped up and served over a light green salad with chickpeas, avocado, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Makes 6 bacon dates:
- 6 dates
- 3 pieces of organic bacon
- 6 pieces of sheeps milk manchego cheese, cut into pieces that fit inside the dates
- Turn oven on 350 degrees.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each date and remove the pit.
- Chop the cheese into logs that fit inside the dates. Stuff the pieces of cheese into the dates.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half and use each half to wrap one cheese stuffed date. Secure the bacon in place using a toothpick.
- Load the dates onto a cast iron pan and bake for 15 minutes. Flip dates and cook for another 15 minutes. Flip dates one last time and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Cool enough to eat. Enjoy!
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.