This recipe was inspired by a recipe that I created for my mother-in-law (No Bake Cheesecake, recipe coming this upcoming Thanksgiving!).
- 1 lb cream cheese (32 TB) (organic and pasture raised)
- 8 oz (14 TB) peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Allow cream cheese, peanut butter and maple syrup to come to room temperature.
- Blend in your vitamix until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Use a portion scoop (or spoon) to scoop balls onto parchment paper. I like to place my parchment paper on top of a large cutting board for easy transfer in and out of the freezer. Freeze balls for 30 minutes. While balls are freezing, make or melt chocolate.
Chocolate (14 1/2 oz or 1 1/2 cups melted) (see recipe below or click for my blog post about my chocolate recipe.):
- 200 g (about 7 1/8 oz or 1 1/4 cup + 3 TB) cacao paste
- 100 g (about 3 1/2 oz or 3/4 cup + 2 TB) cacao butter or (about 7 TB) grass fed butter
- 140 g (7 TB) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt all ingredients over a double boiler. Remove from heat.
- Whisk until thick and shiny.
Dipping Balls in Chocolate:
- Frozen balls (see above)
- Melted chocolate (see above)
- Dip balls in chocolate and turn to coat using a knife (or offset spatula), a fork and a spoon. Use the knife or offset spatula to scrape the balls off the parchment paper. Use the fork to transfer the balls into the chocolate and use the spoon to coat the ball. Then use the fork to remove the ball and place back on the parchment paper.
- Freeze chocolate covered peanut butter cream cheese balls for 2 hrs, until completely hardened.
- Store in the freezer for an ice cream texture or store in the refrigerator for a cheesecake texture.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.