I have modified my original fudge recipe to include pumpkin, which is abundant during this time of the year. This is a wonderful dessert and it’s perfect for halloween!
- 4 oz of pumpkin puree**
- 4 oz grass fed butter or coconut oil or coconut manna
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 32 g (1/4 cup + 2 TB + 1 1/2 tsp) unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 TB maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.
- Add pumpkin, fat, vanilla, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt) to a high power blender.
- Heat water medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot water over the other ingredients in the blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour onto parchment paper lined pan or into silicone molds and freeze for 3 hours. Remove from the freezer and cut or remove from molds. Store in the freezer. You can also pour the fudge into a jar and store in the refrigerator as pumpkin fudge sauce (which is delicious poured over all desserts!).
** you can use store bought pumpkin puree or you can buy a pumpkin, split and seed it. Rub some extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil on the pumpkin halves and roast them in a 375 degree oven until a fork easily pierces them. Remove and allow to cool. Remove the skin using a pairing knife and blend into a puree using a food processor or high powered blender.