These are fantastic! They are such a lovely plant based meal. I love these pancakes served with a light salad.
Serves 6 as a main course:
- 2 TB oil
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- juice of 2 limes, and zest of 1
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 2 TB parsley leaves
- 1 cup wheat berry flour (or another wheat flour of your choice)
- 4 TB oil
- Cook onions in 2 TB of oil over medium low heat for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomato, oil, salt, lime juice and zest, eggs, mushrooms and chickpeas in a Vitamix. Blend until smooth. Use a spatula to get the chickpea and mushroom mixture into a bowl. Fold the flour and parsley in and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium-low heat until fat shimmers. Add the batter to the hot skillet and use the back of a spoon (or portion scoop) to smash the batter down so it forms a pancake.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate and enjoy! These freeze and refrigerate well. Reheat in a 350 degree oven until hot.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.