Yield about 20 pancakes (3 pancakes is a good serving size for a meal):
- 164 g (1 cup) wheat berry flour- click for information on wheat berry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 115 g (1/2 cup) yogurt
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil, or melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- for cooking pancakes: 1/4 cup + 1 TB extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Whisk together wet ingredients (leaving out the 1/4 cup+ 1 TB of fat). Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk well. Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes. Whisk vigorously.
- Cook pancakes in fat (about 1/4 tsp of fat/pancake) over medium low heat until golden brown and filled with little holes. Then flip. Cook the other side for about a minutes and remove to a plate.
- Pancakes store well in the freezer and can reheat in a toaster or 350 degree oven until warm. Pancakes go well with maple syrup and fruit!
*please use organic ingredients, if possible.