I love quinoa bowls!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup sauce (tomato sauce, pesto, or cheese sauce– click on each sauce for recipe)
- 1/8 cup-1/4 cup add-ins
- 1 TB liquid (water, stock, yogurt or milk)
- Finishes (2 TB parsley, pink salt, pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon)
- Combine cooked quinoa, sauce, add-ins of your choice and 1 TB of liquid in a saucepan over low heat for 5-10 minutes, until warm.
- Turn off heat and stir in finishes. Enjoy!
1/2 cup Quinoa
1 cup water
1/8 tsp salt
- Combine over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and cover pan for 5 minutes.
My favorites: shredded cooked chicken, cooked ground turkey/chicken/beef/lamb, roasted veggies, roasted chickpeas, cooked black beans, hard boiled eggs.
I like to cook ground meat in rosemary and garlic infused olive oil.
To infuse oil: Heat oil over very low heat. Add garlic and fresh rosemary stalk. Cook 5 minutes per side and discard garlic and rosemary.
I use about 1 tsp of pink salt per pound of ground meat I am cooking. I always season with ground black pepper. Brown ground meat by cooking over very high heat stirring occasionally until browned, about 7 minutes for a pound of ground meat.
I like to roast my chickpeas with olive oil salt and pepper (an infused olive oil with garlic and rosemary or thyme would be delicious here). Roast at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.