- 8 TB maple syrup
- TB peanut butter
- 3 oz (about 1/4 cup) chocolate- click for my chocolate recipe
- 4 TB grass fed butter
- Melt all ingredients together over a double boiler.
- Remove from double boiler and whisk until frosting becomes thick and glossy.
- Wait 10 minutes, then place cupcakes in the freezer for 15 minutes (stirring halfway through) and frost cupcakes or cakes.
- To frost: Scoop frosting over baked good and smooth down with the back of a knife or with an offset spatula. Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes. Take out and smooth frosting with a spoon or your finger.
*please use organic ingredients, if possible
**Because I have replaced sugar with maple syrup, you cannot pipe this frosting. I use a small portion scoop, or you could use a spoon, to scoop over baked goods.